Here are brief summaries of my illustrated talks:
* ENGLAND: Join me as I explore the cradle of modern fly fishing and walk in the footsteps of Halford and Skues, Sawyer and Kite. I’ve fished the famous chalkstreams in Southern England for 20 years, and in this talk, I’ll introduce you to classic streams like the Itchen, Test and Avon – and to less known gems like the Frome, Piddle and wonderful Bourne. A journey not to be missed!
* FRANCE: Chalkstream fishing in Normandy, France is not as famous as the sport found in Southern England – but rivers like the Andelle and Risle are certainly worth a visit. These fine streams were the playground of Pezon et Michel-legend, Charles Ritz, even though the area is more famous for its WW2 history, magnificent cheese and for being the home of famous painters like Claude Monét.
* ICELAND: Iceland has a lot to offer: Rough nature, ever changing weather, great food and world class trout fishing. Accompanied by dear friends, I spend a week or so every summer in Bardardalur, a remote valley in Iceland’s Northern part. There, in a little stream called Svartá – the Black River – we hunt for trophy browns and Arctic char. A true flyfishing paradise at “the end of the world”.
* SCOTLAND: Tay, Dee, Tweed and Spey need, I believe, no further introduction. Scotland’s four great salmon rivers are well known, and on most salmon anglers’ bucket lists. The rivers run through beautiful countryside, and were all vital when modern flyfishing for salmon – and sea trout – was developed throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Great beats, lovely surroundings, tactics and history are key elements in this popular talk.
* USA: Trout fishing in Montana, USA is second to none. This is one of my favourite destinations, much because of its breath taking nature and variety of fishing. In this presentation, I go fishing for browns, rainbows and cutthroat trouts in Yellowstone National Park, Paradise Valley, the Crow Indian Reservation and other wonderful spots in Big Sky, as the state is often referred to.
* NORWAY: Highlights from my trout, sea trout and salmon adventures in Norway. Hop onboard and come with me to rivers and lakes all over the country, in search of those magic moments. Among the destinations I’ll present, are my local salmon river, the famous Lærdal, the Oslo Fjord, the Hardanger Plateau and a couple of hidden gems in Finnmark, almost on the Russian border.
* VICTORIAN ADVENTURES: Come with me back in time, when Victorian lords, officers and other well off gentlemen went salmon fishing in Norway’s maiden rivers. We begin our journey in the early 19th Century, when only a few lucky souls fished here. Then, we move on the 1840s and 1850s when magazine articles and travel books started focusing on Norwegian salmon fishing and end up in the 1880s and 1890s, when mass tourism was a fact – and Norway was changed forever.